Los Angeles Domestic Violence Attorney
Domestic Violence Expertise
Seppi Esfandi is a Los Angeles domestic violence attorney who is an Expert in Criminal Law with over 16 years of experience defending domestic abuse charges. He is one of only 70 hand-picked attorneys to hold this coveted distinction and is ranked among the top 5% of attorneys in Los Angeles. Esfandi was born and raised in Los Angeles and graduated from the highly revered UCLA School of Law.
Domestic abuse is defined by California as when a person inflicts injury on a former or current spouse, cohabitant, or a mother or father of one’s child deliberately. The injury can be something minor, like a: scratch, redness, swelling or bruising; or something more serious, like a: broken nose, concussion, or fractured bones; however, the injury must be visible as stated in the Penal Code. Domestic abuse cases can be prosecuted as a felony, or as a misdemeanor, depending on the defendant’s criminal record and the details of the case.
The Sooner the Better
Seppi Esfandi knows these types of crimes can be emotionally taxing on you and your family. Mr. Esfandi will work directly with you and keep you informed about the proceedings of your case while alleviating any concerns you may have.
If you’ve recently been accused of domestic abuse, or a related crime, it’s imperative to hire a criminal defense attorney with experience in cases involving domestic violence, corporeal injury, cohabitant abuse, or domestic battery. A CA Penal Code 273.5 conviction will result in heavy fines and a mandatory county jail or state prison sentence.
Seppi Esfandi has ample experience when dealing with domestic abuse cases and has proven his efficiency by having numerous cases dropped and charges reduced. The earlier you call, the greater your chances are of winning the case.
For more information, please read Seppi’s PDF Document: Things to Know About Domestic Abuse Cases
FREE Domestic Violence Case Review
Call Us 310‑274‑6529
Criminal Defense Help
- What is a “wobbler”? There are several common criminal offenses that a prosecutor can charge as a felony or a misdemeanor, depending upon the specific facts of the case and the defendant’s criminal history. In other words, it can “wobble” between a felony and a misdemeanor. It’s important to note that if you are charged… Read More »
- Being stopped by the police can occur anywhere, any time, when least expected. That’s why it’s very important to know your rights as a citizen regarding interaction with law enforcement officers. In this article we will discuss 10 basic rules for dealing with police encounters: Don’t get angry. Always keep your cool and be calm…. Read More »
- School is difficult enough without having to worry about finances, that’s why we’ve created a fairly simple scholarship opportunity for all law students. Esfandi Law Firm proudly announces The Seppi Esfandi Law Scholarship, a nationwide private scholarship offered to one law student located in the United States of America. This scholarship is an annual scholarship… Read More »
- Wet and Reckless “Vehicle Code 23103.5 – If the prosecution agrees to a plea of guilty or nolo contendere to a charge of a violation of Section 23103 in satisfaction of, or as a substitute for, an original charge of a violation of Section 23152, the prosecution shall state for the record a factual basis… Read More »
- Criminal Cases in the State of California all follow the same basic procedures. It’s important to know these 7 crucial steps to develop a successful defense strategy, and maximize the chances of winning, having the charges significantly reduced, or having the entire case completely dismissed. Step 1: Bail Bail is a payment made to the… Read More »
- A felony conviction can be devastating to your search for gainful employment, as most reputable companies and desired job positions will merit some form of background check. Depending on the nature of your felony, there are certain jobs that can be impossible to get. For instance, if you have a felony DUI on your record,… Read More »
- CrimeMapping is an online public resource created by The Omega Group providing an overview of designated crimes within a particular law enforcement agency. Data is published with the expressed permission of each participating agency and the information is always validated through direct collaboration with law enforcement personnel. The default date range for the map is… Read More »
- After being arrested, you may find yourself going through the arduous tasks of hiring a criminal defense attorney. After contacting several, you may be asking yourself “How can some attorneys charge as little as $699 while others charge as much as $10,000?” The answer is unsurprisingly the type of representation that you’ll receive. Attorneys who… Read More »