South Gate Criminal Defense Attorney
South Gate California Criminal Defense
Getting arrested for a criminal offense or DUI in South Gate may be one of the scariest times of your life. Having an experienced and confident South Gate Criminal Defense Attorney by your side is paramount to making this trying time go as smoothly as possible.
It’s imperative that your criminal defense team begins working on your case immediately, to mitigate supposed evidence that might incriminate you.
At the Law Offices of Seppi Esfandi, we believe in defending the rights of South Gate no matter how serious of a crime you were alleged to have committed. Your future is important and we’re here to protect it. Here’s an entire list of the all California Crimes We Have Successfully Defended.
Call Us 844-776‑5291
What We Promise
- Aggressive, creative & effective defense strategies
- Defense by a top 5% Criminal Law Expert
- Over 16 years of legal expertise
- A consistent track record of results
- Constant Communication and Availability
- Treat You as a Family Member
Each and every client and case is important to us. Whether defending a client against a California DUI (driving under the influence) charge or fighting for a defendant’s freedom from an alleged violent felony crime, our criminal defense team takes their job seriously and we work together as a team to create dynamic, aggressive defense strategies that win cases.
Why a Criminal Law ‘Expert’?
Seppi Esfandi is not your average criminal defense attorney. He’s also an Expert in Criminal Law. What is an expert? An expert is one of only 70 hand-picked attorneys and is ranked among the top 5% of attorneys in the greater Los Angeles area. Esfandi was born and raised in Los Angeles and graduated from the UCLA School of Law.
We Handle All Criminal Cases
Whether you are facing Federal or California state charges for DUI, theft, burglary, violent, or RICO, we have the skills, experience and judgment needed to help you avoid the upending experience of facing a guilty verdict and a jail or prison sentence.
To get started with your representation, please contact our office right away. There is virtually no criminal case we cannot handle.
Call Now 844-776‑5291, for a free consultation.
Need Help Getting Out of Jail?
After being booked you will be required to make a court appearance. If the incident was a serious felony then you will likely appear before a judge for arraignment within 48-hours of being booked. If the incident was a minor crime like a misdemeanor then you will likely be arraigned within 2 to 3 weeks.
For more information, please visit our page How to Get Someone Out of Jail in South Gate.
At your arraignment you will be informed of the charges against you and will be asked enter a plea of either: guilty, not guilty, or no contest. During arraignment the judge will also determine the specifics of your bail, or grant you permission to leave on your own recognizance.
Following your arraignment you will be asked to appear at a later date. The second meeting will be the Pretrial Conference. During this meeting your criminal defense lawyer will discuss the details of your case with the district attorney in an attempt to resolve the issue without going to trial. If a deal can be struck then your sentencing will commence. On the other hand, if the two sides cannot come to a ‘deal’ then your case will go to trial.
One of Mr. Esfandi’s specialties is early intervention. Early intervention refers to the time between a defendant being arrested and their charges being filed. Seppi Esfandi is an expert at contacting the prosecuting agency and convincing them that there is insufficient evidence to successfully prosecute. By utilizing an early intervention expert, it’s possible to have a case dismissed without any effect on one’s criminal record.
A criminal arrest is not something you should or can take lightly. Not only do you stand to face a number of legal penalties, but you could also face other consequences as well. We represent people accused of misdemeanors, felonies and infractions in South Gate, and throughout Los Angeles County.
Call Now 844-776‑5291, for a free consultation.
Criminal Defense Help
- Nationwide Violence vs. Los Angeles The gun crime rate in Los Angeles is considerably higher than the national average in America. On average, the total crime rate is 31 per one thousand residents in the city of Los Angeles, with 6 out of one thousand being violent crimes. It is not the highest violent crime… Read More »
- Recreational and Medical Marijuana Laws As of 2017, eight states and the District of Columbia have legalized recreational use of cannabis among adults, including Colorado, Washington, Oregon, Alaska, California, Maine, Massachusetts, and Nevada. In terms of demographics, this means one in five American adults can legally ingest cannabis as they please under state law. Furthermore,… Read More »
- What is a “wobbler”? There are several common criminal offenses that a prosecutor can charge as a felony or a misdemeanor, depending upon the specific facts of the case and the defendant’s criminal history. In other words, it can “wobble” between a felony and a misdemeanor. It’s important to note that if you are charged… Read More »
- Being stopped by the police can occur anywhere, any time, when least expected. That’s why it’s very important to know your rights as a citizen regarding interaction with law enforcement officers. In this article we will discuss 10 basic rules for dealing with police encounters: Don’t get angry. Always keep your cool and be calm…. Read More »
- The term “cybercrime” often evokes an image of someone in a foreign country hacking a major government agency when, in reality, cybercrime in California covers a wide range of conduct. This is in addition to any federal crimes that can be committed using the Internet. Common Types of Cybercrime Accessing a device or its data… Read More »
- School is difficult enough without having to worry about finances, that’s why we’ve created a fairly simple scholarship opportunity for all law students. Esfandi Law Firm proudly announces The Seppi Esfandi Law Scholarship, a nationwide private scholarship offered to one law student located in the United States of America. This scholarship is an annual scholarship… Read More »
- Wet and Reckless “Vehicle Code 23103.5 – If the prosecution agrees to a plea of guilty or nolo contendere to a charge of a violation of Section 23103 in satisfaction of, or as a substitute for, an original charge of a violation of Section 23152, the prosecution shall state for the record a factual basis… Read More »
- Driving Under the Influence in California requires that the defendant attend 2 hearings. In this article we will be discussing the DUI DMV hearing. A DMV DUI hearing in California is an administrative hearing held at the DMV office, and is completely separate from the hearing held in criminal court. Ten Days to Request a… Read More »
- Criminal Cases in the State of California all follow the same basic procedures. It’s important to know these 7 crucial steps to develop a successful defense strategy, and maximize the chances of winning, having the charges significantly reduced, or having the entire case completely dismissed. Step 1: Bail Bail is a payment made to the… Read More »
- A felony conviction can be devastating to your search for gainful employment, as most reputable companies and desired job positions will merit some form of background check. Depending on the nature of your felony, there are certain jobs that can be impossible to get. For instance, if you have a felony DUI on your record,… Read More »
- CrimeMapping is an online public resource created by The Omega Group providing an overview of designated crimes within a particular law enforcement agency. Data is published with the expressed permission of each participating agency and the information is always validated through direct collaboration with law enforcement personnel. The default date range for the map is… Read More »
- After being arrested, you may find yourself going through the arduous tasks of hiring a criminal defense attorney. After contacting several, you may be asking yourself “How can some attorneys charge as little as $699 while others charge as much as $10,000?” The answer is unsurprisingly the type of representation that you’ll receive. Attorneys who… Read More »