If you’ve recently been arrested for a crime, the single most important thing to do is hire a skilled criminal defense attorney. An criminal defense attorney knows the laws and understands the necessary actions that must be taken to ensure you spend the least amount of time in jail or prison and pay the smallest amount possible in fines and fees.
How to Win Your Case
We cannot stress enough that you read, understand and follow these 10 basic rules if you are criminally charged or under investigation:
- Don’t ever talk to the police
- Do not discuss your case with anyone
- Everything you tell your lawyer is confidential
- Tell police you need to contact your attorney
- Never consent to any search by the police
- If the police knock on your door, don't answer!
- Realize the consequences of a criminal conviction
- Your lawyer (not you) will contact any witnesses
- Information on your cell phone is evidence
- Early Intervention is the key