CA Vehicle Code 23152(d) VC
VC 23152(d) – DUI for Commercial Driver’s
DUI for Commercial Driver’s License – Table of Contents
If you’ve recently been arrested for a DUI and have a DUI for commercial driver’s license (CA Vehicle Code 23152(d)) then it’s crucial that you contact a criminal defense attorney immediately. Even if you were not driving a commercial vehicle at the time of your arrest you are still subjugated to increased penalties.
When driving a commercial vehicle you are allowed a maximum blood alcohol concentration of 0.04%(BAC). However, if you are not driving a commercial vehicle at the time of incident then you are allowed a maximum blood alcohol concentration of 0.08%, just like the majority of motorists.
Similar to DUI for persons under 21, California has a very strict policy for those who operate a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol who have a DUI for commercial driver’s license.
DUI for Commercial driver’s license holders are subjugated to increased punishments for a DUI. These punishments include:
- Informal probation
- Up to one year in county jail
- Up to $1,000 in fines
- Up to three years of alcohol education
- A mandatory one-year suspension of your commercial driver’s license for your first offense
- A potential lifetime suspension of your commercial driver’s license for any subsequent offenses
Your criminal defense attorney will fight a driver under the influence (DUI) for commercial driver’s license charge like he or she would fight any other DUI for commercial driver’s charge. He or she will point out any inaccuracies in the police report, make sure all tests were administered correctly, and contact any witnesses or other persons who were present at the time of the incident.
All DUI for commercial driver’s license cases are important and require ample time and energy, as well a full understanding of the court system. If you’re facing a DUI conviction and your livelihood is at stake then it’s important to contact a skilled criminal defense attorney immediately.
If you or a loved one is being charged with VC 23152(d), DUI for Commercial Driver’s license, we invite you to contact us immediately for a free case review. Schedule an appointment to meet with us in person, or feel free to submit an evaluation online and we will get in contact with you ASAP. We can provide a free consultation in our office located in Century City, or by phone. Our experienced and assiduous Los Angeles Criminal Defense Lawyers will be sure to fight until the end to reduce or drop your charges completely.
Call Us for a FREE Case Review: 310-274-6529
How to Win Your Case
We cannot stress enough that you read, understand and follow these 10 basic rules if you are criminally charged or under investigation:
- Don’t ever talk to the police
- Do not discuss your case with anyone
- Everything you tell your lawyer is confidential
- Tell police you need to contact your attorney
- Never consent to any search by the police
- If the police knock on your door, don't answer!
- Realize the consequences of a criminal conviction
- Your lawyer (not you) will contact any witnesses
- Information on your cell phone is evidence
- Early Intervention is the key