Los Angeles County
Van Nuys Jail
JAIL CONTACT INFORMATION:
|Address:||6240 Sylmar Ave, Van Nuys, CA 91401, USA (google maps)|
|Website:||Van Nuys Police Department|
|Visiting:||Monday thru Sunday (10:00am – 12:00pm) and (1:00pm – 3:00pm)|
If you retain our criminal defense services, we are more than happy to assist in getting your loved one out of jail, protecting their rights and helping keep their criminal record clean. For more information please visit our “How to Get Someone Out of Jail Page“.
If someone has recently been arrested somewhere in the San Fernando Valley (SFV), chances are they will be taken to the Van Nuys Jail for booking. The police station and jail in Van Nuys (called the LAPD – Van Nuys Division Jail Station) is located off Van Nuys Boulevard (between Delano & Sylvan Streets) in a pedestrian mall in a Government Center shared with the Van Nuys Courthouse. It is a relatively small jail considering there are 1.3 million people currently living in the Valley, and when operating at full capacity does not move at lightning speeds. Therefore, the bond process here typically takes several hours. If an arrestee does not bond out, they will likely stay at the jail until their first court date.
VAN NUYS JAIL MAILING ADDRESS (after arraignment):
[INMATE NAME, BOOKING NUMBER]
P.O. Box 86164
Los Angeles, CA 90086-0164
For further instructions on mailing, please view the INMATE MAIL REGULATIONS PAGE
All visitors must provide a government issued photo ID:
- a California driver’s license,
- a California identification card,
- a U.S. Passport,
- an alien registration card, or
- a U.S. military card.
Individuals who are prohibited from visiting inmates include:
- Persons who have been incarcerated in the California state prison,
- Persons on formal probation and do not receive prior permission from the Jail’s unit commander, or
- Persons with an outstanding warrant.
Visitors are prohibited from bringing the following inside the visiting lobby:
- cell phones,
- writing tablets,
- recording devices, or
Please note all visitors are subject to a search of their person and property.
It’s important to note that this location is only a temporary holding jail for arrestees until their first court date. In some instances, inmates are transferred to one of the LA County Main Jails such as the Men’s Central Jail, Twin Towers Facility or the Pitchess Detention Center.
DO YOU NEED A CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY?
If you or a loved one needs criminal defense or assistance, we are offering you a FREE CONSULTATION. You’ll receive immediate advice and counsel from one of the top-rated criminal defense teams in the Greater Los Angeles area.
Regain your freedom, safeguard your future by winning your case.
We Assist in Getting People Out of Jail, CALL NOW: 310-274-6529
How to Win Your Case
We cannot stress enough that you read, understand and follow these 10 basic rules if you are criminally charged or under investigation:
- Don’t ever talk to the police
- Do not discuss your case with anyone
- Everything you tell your lawyer is confidential
- Tell police you need to contact your attorney
- Never consent to any search by the police
- If the police knock on your door, don't answer!
- Realize the consequences of a criminal conviction
- Your lawyer (not you) will contact any witnesses
- Information on your cell phone is evidence
- Early Intervention is the key