JAIL CONTACT INFORMATION:
|Address:||2101 East Olsen Road, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360, USA (google maps)|
|Website:||Ventura County Sheriff Jail FAQ|
|Visiting:||Ventura County Jail Visiting Information|
The East County Jail Facility is located at the Ventura County Sheriff – East County Patrol Station in the city of Thousand Oaks. The city of Thousand Oaks has contracted with the Ventura County Sheriff’s Department for police services since 1964. The East County Police Services and the Thousand Oaks Police Department share the facility, built in 1988.
This jail operates as a booking and housing facility, and is open 24 hours a day. Staff at the facility will accept bail bonds and deposits for any person held in the Ventura County Sheriff custody. Visits are allowed for Pre-Trial inmates from 8 AM to 5 PM Monday-Friday. Visits are allowed for housed inmates from 4 PM to 8 PM Monday-Friday and from 8 AM to 5 PM Saturday and Sunday.
VENTURA COUNTY EAST JAIL MAILING ADDRESS:
[INMATE NAME, BOOKING NUMBER]
Ventura County Jail
P.O. Box 6929
Ventura, CA, 93006
For further instructions on mailing, please view the INMATE MAIL REGULATIONS PDF
All visitors must provide a government issued photo ID:
- a California driver’s license,
- a California identification card,
- a U.S. Passport,
- an alien registration card, or
- a U.S. military card.
Individuals who are prohibited from visiting inmates include:
- Persons who have been incarcerated in the California state prison,
- Persons on formal probation and do not receive prior permission from the Jail’s unit commander, or
- Persons with an outstanding warrant.
Visitors are prohibited from bringing the following inside the visiting lobby:
- cell phones,
- writing tablets,
- recording devices, or
Please note all visitors are subject to a search of their person and property. For more information on visitation, please see the Ventura County Sheriff Inmate Visitation Page.
It’s important to note that this location is only a booking location for the Ventura County Sheriff. Arrestees may be transferred to another facility such as the Todd Road Jail Facility or the Ventura County Main Jail.
NEED ASSISTANCE OR CRIMINAL DEFENSE?
Do you need help getting someone out of jail or helping them beat their criminal charges in Ventura County?
Don’t leave it up to the corrupt criminal ‘justice’ system. Your future, freedom and reputation is at stake. We are offering you a FREE CONSULTATION, call us.
We Assist in Getting People Out of Jail, CALL NOW: 310-274-6529
How to Win Your Case
We cannot stress enough that you read, understand and follow these 10 basic rules if you are criminally charged or under investigation:
- Don’t ever talk to the police
- Do not discuss your case with anyone
- Everything you tell your lawyer is confidential
- Tell police you need to contact your attorney
- Never consent to any search by the police
- If the police knock on your door, don't answer!
- Realize the consequences of a criminal conviction
- Your lawyer (not you) will contact any witnesses
- Information on your cell phone is evidence
- Early Intervention is the key